Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spot Artist Extraodinaire

I was recently asked by Cicada Magazine to be the "Spot Artist Extraodinaire" for their latest issue and contribute a full page and a few spots to be dispersed throughout the issue. Though the image appears in black and white in the issue I again created it in color and converted it, just because it's what feels the most natural. I feel like I've done more black and white work in the last month than I have since college. My thanks to John Sanford for being an amazing AD to work with.

Here's the color version:

Cicada Magazine Spot Artist Full Page

And the b/w as it appears in the issue:


For the spots I was asked for a few simple sketch book type line drawings and for some reason I almost immediately came to the idea of sideshow folks; Tattooed Woman, Fire Eater, and the Bearded Lady. At some point I think I'd like to revisit these and color them.



No comments: